Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Where is my last maid??

...Bridesmaid that is! 

I sent out my Will You Be My Bridesmaid? cards on Tuesday and BM E text me on Wednesday: 
Hanner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I was just proposed to! Yes! I will be your bridesmaid! U dont know how happy I am and so touched that you asked :)
Haha! I love her, and seeing that made all the endless hours of work that it took to make the cards completely worth it! 
Image Source


Yes, I was one happy bride-to-be!



By Friday I had managed to get two more yeses, one from each of my MOH girls. But I had still not heard from BM J...I was starting to get somewhat concerned considering I mailed the cards from work, which is in the same city she lives in (I know I could have saved postage, but who doesn't love mail!?) So I told Jon what was going on and he text her roommate and asked him if they had checked the mail recently, he said no. So I waited...Saturday came, no answer. Then Sunday, no answer. I was really starting to believe maybe I messed up, maybe she didn't want to be in the wedding...

Image Source

I continued to play out in my head how awkward things would be from now on and how we wouldn't be able to hang out "like we used to" all because I had asked and she didn't know how to say no without hurting my feelings.

By the time Monday rolled around I was a mess and work was the last place I wanted to be. So after the end of a very long day I began to pack my stuff up, shut off my computer, grab my keys and walk out the door. I looked at my phone and I had a missed call, when I looked to see who it was... it was BM J! Omg! At first I was excited, but then I thought: "oh no, she is going to 'break up with me'". I immediately started to worry. That's when I got a text message from BM J:
Love love loved what you did!!! Call me when you get a sec :)
Wow! I was so excited I almost ran to my car to call her, but the first person I called wasn't BM J, it was Jon...I just had to let him know the news! Lol. When I  finally called BM J she apologized a million times for not checking her mail sooner, then she said Yes! :-)

Did you have a slight "scare" when it came to asking your girls? Or did you get turned down?

No comments:

Post a Comment