Tuesday, May 8, 2012

10 Days Later... Now What?

I cannot believe it.


I am married. We are married.
image source


I have a husband. And I am now a wife!! 






I have a hard time expressing how I feel about all of this (you know, other than pure excitement) so I think this encompasses everything that I was feeling that morning when I woke up...


Today I get to marry my best friend. ♥
512 days have led up to this day. — with Jon
Like · Comment · Tag Friends · April 28 at 6:46am near The Woodlands ·  



...and yes, that was my Facebook status the morning of our wedding.

It took us 512 days (or 12, 287 hours) to get to that point, and sadly it would all end in less than 24 hours.


Don't get me wrong I was so happy. I was getting to marry my best friend. 
...but at the very same time I was losing my favorite hobby/job/thing-to-do: planning our wedding.

Throughout our entire engagement (1 year, 4 months, and 24 days) I was always busy.
Personal Photo
In December 2010 (when we got engaged): I was working for an insurance company (30 miles from our house) from 7am - 4pm everyday; then I would drive the 60 miles to school, I had class until 10pm Monday-Thursday; then I would drive 65 miles home. (Total Drive Time: 2 hours 45 minutes). I was also planning our wedding.
image source
This is what it felt like everyday!

In May 2011: I graduated school, almost. I had received my certificate, but in order to receive my degree I was required to do an internship. Sadly, that meant I would have to leave the insurance company after almost 3 years.
Personal Photo
In June 2011: I began working for a law firm in Houston. (it was only 35 miles from the house, but because of Houston traffic... it took over an hour). I was still planning our wedding.
image source

In March 2012: I was "released" from my job at the law firm due to a large cutback in workload. 
All I had at this point was the wedding... and looking for another job on the side. But let's face it, planning a wedding can be a full time job (plus it is a lot more fun). Especially, if you're like me and procrastinate with everything and it gets so terrible that your bridesmaids are strewn about your hotel floor the morning of the wedding folding, hole punching and tying ribbons to 125 ceremony programs - while you get your hair done ...yes, it was really like that, but that is another post. ;)

So now here I am. 10 days after the wedding. I have a ton of post-wedding clean-up to do. (Including returning about $500 worth of merchandise that was never used to at least 6 different stores) But I do not feel very motivated. 

All I can think is...


image source
What did you do next?

1 comment:

  1. congratulations!! that's so exciting!! You clean up and get life back on track after the craziness that is wedding planning, and you enjoy being newlyweds:)

    ReplyDelete