Friday, September 28, 2012

Where has the time gone...?

Just Married Natural Burlap Banner
image source

Okay, so we are no longer "Just Married".

Jon and I have officially been married 5 months today!

Wow.

Where does the time go? The past five months have gone by almost as fast as the actual wedding! 


I am somewhat sad that the time has gone by so fast... Our wedding is over and we are no longer the "it" couple around our friends (and I mean that in the least snobby/selfish way). I guess I just enjoyed always having something exciting to share about the wedding with my closest friends and even after the wedding we would gab about the events of the day (drama and all)!

But now it is all "old news" and is getting older by the day because my cousin is getting married in October (don't get me wrong I am super happy for them, they are a great couple and I love my future cousin-in-law). But after their wedding Jon & I will no longer be the newest newlyweds. I am not sure we will even be considered "newlyweds" anymore... Which leads me to my question...

When are you no longer considered a NEWLYWED couple???

Is there a certain time frame that you go by? Is it three months, six months, or even a year? Or is it based on the events that surround your life (such as close friends or family members getting married)?


I am sure this is not my finest post... it probably comes across as childish and whiny to some, and I think the reason I am feeling this way has something to do with Jon being gone so much (6 days gone, 3 days home) it gives me way too much time to think about petty things like this... So I apologize for any annoyance caused by  my whining. 

But back to my question: When are you no longer considered a NEWLYWED couple???

1 comment:

  1. I dunno..it's different for everyone. I still consider us newlyweds and we'll be 2 years in May. After two years..I'll prob. start using that term less and less though.

    happy 5 months!

    ReplyDelete