Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Second Bridal Shower

Or technically this one was a "Couple's Shower".

Personal Photo
This fantastically, fun shower was thrown by my 'soon-to-be' sister-in-law! It was quite different than the first shower, definitely not better or worse, just different...
How?
There were a lot more people than were at the first shower! 
Personal Photo

The table decorations looked great! And I loved how they decorated the cake table, so professional looking! :) 


Cake Table
Personal Photo

...Plus there were the boys!
My Hubby-To-Be!
Personal Photo
It was definitely interesting to have the guys there, but I really enjoyed having Jon there!

After Jon and I somewhat helped finish setting up, my parents and my sister showed up!
My sister and my mom getting out of my dad's truck.
Personal Photo
As people arrived, they signed the guestbook then took one of the paper and wrote down their advice for the bride/groom to have a happy marriage. This is where I got the "game": Advice from the Heart

Personal Photo
After pretty much everyone had arrived, we played two games. The first game was "Wedding A-Z" -you had to come up with something that relates to weddings for each letter of the alphabet (I'm kind of sad that I didn't save any of these, because some of them were really creative!)
Image Source
Then we played an even better game: "What's In Your Purse".... and yes, I won with a whopping 81 points(!) I did not cheat, in fact I cleaned out and switched purses earlier in the week... So basically I just carry around way too much "crap" in my bag/suitcase.
Image Source
After the games, it was definitely time for gifts! This was a little difficult at first because I had to explain to Jon that it isn't like Christmas where everyone just opens their gifts and then you're done with it.

Personal Photo
He didn't really understand the whole concept of: 
1. Read the Card
2. Open the Gift
3. Smile for the Camera
4. Say Thank You
5. MAKE SURE MY MOM KNOWS WHO GAVE WHAT! 

Personal Photo
Jon was definitely eager to open the gifts, as you can tell from the pictures, I am trying to open and read the cards as fast as he is going through the gift wrap! (I sincerely think I got a small glimpse of being a mom at my child's birthday party, lol!)

I had to remind him to:
1. Read the Card
2. Open the Gift
3. Smile for the Camera
4. Say Thank You
5. MAKE SURE MY MOM KNOWS WHO GAVE WHAT! 


The cross and picture frame were hand made by one of Jon's family friends, very gorgeous!
Personal Photo
You can begin to see that Jon is starting to learn the process of opening gifts at a shower! (Somewhat sarcastically, but it is better than nothing!)

Personal Photo
 By the end of opening presents, we were both being a little goofy...
Personal Photo

Personal Photo
I LOVE all of the cooking utensils from my sister!!! I was so excited... while Jon was attempting his balancing act with the cutting board and utensil holder haha!

Left to Right: Jon's Sister, Me, Jon, and my Mom
Personal Photo

:)
Personal Photo
Once we were done with the gifts it was time to move on...

Personal Photo
TO THE CAKE!!

Jon and I attempted to assist in cutting the cake, but we just couldn't seem to get it right, so we just decided to supervise!
Personal Photo

Personal Photo

Having a couple's shower was a blast and I am so glad we decided to do it that way. Even though the guys probably didn't enjoy it as much as we ladies did, and we had be a little more explanatory with how things work... Overall I think it was a great day!

Did you have a couple's shower? What were your pros/cons?



1 comment:

  1. My god! You had an opportunity to enjoy two bridal showers. Now I am jealous! It's a special day for all brides to be. So was for me. Creative planning was done by my sister and cousin at one of the well known NYC wedding venues last year. Loved the superb ambience and musical atmosphere. Thinking for a night out with all girlies soon.

    ReplyDelete