Monday, March 12, 2012

My First Bridal Shower

...Ever!

And I don't just mean the first one that was thrown for me.

I have never been to a bridal shower before. (I have been to a few baby showers though, kind of odd..)

Personal Photo
But this shower was for me! :)


My mom and my sister (who is also my Maid of Honor) threw me the best shower!

There was only one, tiny problem...
Personal Photo
It had been storming for two days straight, roads were flooding and it continued to rain.

It wasn't the worst thing, but it did make one of my bridesmaids not be able to be there and everyone else almost an hour late! Which was fine for my mom & sister, because at 1:45 that day my mom was still running around preparing everything and hadn't even put on her outfit or makeup - my sister was still in sweats, lol, they forgot what time the shower was supposed to start and didn't believe me when I told them it was supposed to start at 2:00. It was quite funny.

Personal Photo
My Sister Decorating.
Personal Photo
Done!







The Food Table


The Food Table consisted of: 
Yummy Cupcakes, Tiny Cookies and Bride & Groom Cake Balls.
Homemade Champagne Punch and Delicious Chicken Salad Sandwiches From My Favorite Place, Honey Bee Ham :)
and Even More Good Food (mostly made by my mom).



Personal Photo
Bride & Groom Cake Balls that my mom got from the baker that made the cupcakes, just for Jon & I!

Here are even more pictures, these include people and not just food!  :)


Signing our "Guest Dog"
We didn't have a guestbook, because my sister bought this adorable plush dog for everyone to sign.

My mom and I


My adorable Flower Girl :)

Playing Games

We played "How Well Do You Know The Bride" - which was very interesting & fun!
We also played "Guess The Cost" - I displayed several wedding related items: my veil, my shoes, a bridesmaid dress, my jewelry, and a few other things & everyone had to guess the cost of each item. - This game wasn't as funny as the other one, but was still fun.


Next up... Opening Gifts!


I love wine, so I was very excited for these.



I couldn't believe it when I saw it! I was so excited for my new KitchenAid Mixer.



Everyone watching as I open gifts!


So excited for Calphalon!
Gorgeous Wine Bottle Rack.






































What was your favorite part of your shower? The gifts, the games, the food?






*All photos are personal unless otherwise noted.*


No comments:

Post a Comment