Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cake Topper...SCORE!!!

To read the beginning of my cake topper search, click here!

After a few weeks had passed, I had somewhat forgotten about the cake topper and just figured I would deal with it later. Well, one day my mom and I were walking around the outlet store and decided to stop by the Waterford store, looking at toasting flutes. While browsing around we saw it. An absolutely gorgeous cake topper by Monique Lhuillier for Royal Doulton, it was called Modern Love.

Personal Photo

I was in love. Until I turned it over & saw the cost... $100.00. As much as I loved the cake topper, I just couldn't justify spending that much money on something so small that only a handful of people might notice. So we left the store empty handed.

A few months went by and I had forgotten about the cake topper... until today... I was at TJ Maxx during my lunch break (I go there at least once a week, it is somewhat of an obsession). And that is when I saw IT, the Modern Love cake topper that I had fallen in love with many months ago.
Personal Photo
Personal Photo
I couldn't believe it! I was in shock, and even more surprising... there were two of them!! I quickly snatched them both up (in case one had a crack or something). That is when I began to look at the box, trying to find a price.
Personal Photo
Yes, that is the actual price sticker. It wasn't "super cheap", but it was $40 off!! I called my mom & she said to go ahead and purchase both so that I could take them out of the box and examine them more closely for any imperfections. And that is exactly what I did. I just finished examining both of them, and they both appear to be perfect! I will return one of them tomorrow. Oh wow today has been a great day!!

Did you "get lucky" at any off-price companies (like TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshall's, etc.)? How much did you save?



No comments:

Post a Comment