Monday, September 19, 2011

Changing Wedding Colors....halfway through the engagement..


We got engaged December 2010 & our wedding is April 2012.

Not too long after we got engaged I have come up with what I thought was the "Perfect" color scheme: Black & White 'Traditions' Damask with hints of Pink (all pink flowers).

Changing Wedding Colors....halfway through the engagement.. :  wedding black white damask pink silver gray grey charcoal change color Iboard Fdc9727e4f221005
Collages created on WeddingWire



However... there are certain parts of this color scheme that I do not like so much any more.
The main thing I'd like to change is the bridesmaid's dresses. (The color, not the style.) I also think I want to "brighten" it up a little, maybe changing the color of linens at the reception?
This is what I am leaning towards: Gray & Pink with hints of Damask.

Changing Wedding Colors....halfway through the engagement.. :  wedding black white damask pink silver gray grey charcoal change color Iboard Fbafb176dda61952
Collages Created on WeddingWire

One of the reasons I want to change the BM dress color is because I am not too fond of sticking out in wedding pics like 'a sore thumb' (not in the bad way, but just in a way that is like BAM(!) there's the bride!) haha, And yes, I know that it will be kind of hard to blend in when wearing a rather large dress with a cathedral length train, but still I think standing in a white(ivory) dress surrounded by people wearing black would make me feel like the odd duck out. (..I'm just weird like that).
So that is why I like the gray/silver BM dresses better.
Also, using the gray or silver-ish linens would help 'brighten' the reception a little more for a Spring wedding.
But with all that said, I still am fond of the Damask pattern.

My Question: What do you think of changing my colors from Black & White Damask with Pink to Gray & Pink with Damask? Is it 'do-able' without being a complete 180?

1 comment:

  1. I really like the silver/gray combined with the pink. Good choice! :)

    By the way, I found your blog on wedding bee. Feel free to check out mine too! Looks like we are at the same point in the planning process...lots of projects and important decisions!

    http://ribbonsruffles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete