Saturday, February 11, 2012

Finalizing the guys' attire!

You can start reading about this adventure HERE!

Today was the day.
The day to pick out what I would be seeing my future husband in on the day we said "I Do!"

image source

Once we got to the store, I realized that there was no point in making an appointment, because nobody cares. Simple as that! We walked in - nobody offered to help us, nobody even said "hi"! 
I was not happy.
After waiting half an hour, it was our turn. We sat down in two of the four chairs that were squished in front of two different computers. The girl on the other side of the computer where we were sitting said very dryly "Are you here to pick out tuxes for your wedding party?" 
I wanted to say, "No, this is for a funeral and we want to coordinate the pallbearers in something bright and springy to liven up the mood." But I didn't, because I knew Jon would probably give me a death stare and the rest of the day would be ruined. (Plus the sales girl would probably take me seriously).

After we got past that we were given a book to flip through and basically "assemble" his outfit based on pictures. 
I did not like this. I wanted to see things in real life.
But after much whining about it to myself, I decided that I was just going to have to deal with it, because it wasn't going to change.

One thing about myself that is, albeit somewhat embarrassing to admit, I am a control FREAK about the wedding.
Most things in life I am pretty chill about, there are certain things I want done a certain way (i.e. clean dishes - if there is more than 5 dishes/forks/spoons/bowls whatever that come out of the dishwasher that are still dirty - you can bet your tiny-hiny the entire load is going to be rewashed! I hate dirty dishes! Not because of the look or whatever, but because I think its nasty. I'm weird, I know)
When it comes to the wedding I have become such a control freak about allowing people to do things on their own or "help" me. (I am honestly surprised I was so calm with the girls trying on & purchasing their dresses).

Picking out the tuxedos was not easy. I told myself that I would allow Jon to do it, after all he was going to be the one wearing the darn thing. 
Tuxedo for all men in wedding party (Personal Photo)
After flipping back and forth Jon decided that he liked this Tuxedo the best. (If you look close it says 'Discontinued Replaced with 1974' - and of course they do not have a picture of '1974' anywhere in the store, so we order blindly.) 

 Once that is over we are given a ton of swatches that look like vests cut in half down the middle with ties attached, they come in every color imaginable and in way too many patterns.
image source
I really should have read more on this whole tuxedo picking out process (the site where I got the image above has some good information).
Groom's Vest & Tie (Personal Photo)
After looking through what seemed like 20 different shade of white/ivory Jon chose the style "Bella Luna" in Ivory with a Euro tie (that is the one thing I insisted on, no bow tie!)

After that we decided to keep it simple and continue with the style "Bella Luna" for the Groomsmen, this time in Charcoal.

Groomsmen Vest & Tie (Personal Photo)
Groomsmen Vest & Tie (Personal Photo)
I am showing two pictures of the Groomsmen Vest & Tie to show just how different the colors look in different lighting, but they are the same! (You can even tell a difference with my dad's vest & tie in the background). 

The ushers also got "Bella Luna" vests & ties, in Black.
Usher's Vest & Tie (Personal Photo)
 But my dad got something different. Jon wanted him in something different, and I agreed. So we chose "Geometrics Black" with a Euro tie.
Father of Bride Vest & Tie (Personal Photo
Here are all of them side-by-side:

Personal Photo


Personal Photo
And finally, the shirts, we went with ivory, because my dress is ivory and I was told that if we went with white it would make my dress look dirty.


This was not an easy task, and I am so glad it is over!
How did your experience go with picking out tuxedos? I guess I hated it so much because I had never gone, yes I went to prom (twice) and both times my dates wore tuxes, but I never went with them to pick them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment