Saturday, August 27, 2011

"Bride" Robe


Over the past few months you could say I have become somewhat "obsessed" with all little things wedding. Especially looking at photos of other couples' weddings. Some of my favorite pictures of the day are taken before the bride even puts her dress on. 

image source
image source
I love the pictures of hair being in curlers, having make-up applied, and the pictures with all the girls matching...and of course wine!



image source
image source

I have seen so many "getting ready" photos of brides in their robes on the day of the wedding. So I finally decided that I was going to make my own.
I am not sure why I decided on the "blue-ish" color, maybe because it was the last one they had in a 'Small' and it was on sale, and I had a gift card. But now I kind of wish I had waited and maybe gotten another color... oh well.

Bride Robe :  wedding robe teal get getting ready bride sequin letter victorias secret black pink white silver bridesmaids ceremony diy reception 2011 08 20 17.08.06
Personal Photo

This was definitely not an "easy" project (despite what I honestly thought!)
Bride Robe :  wedding robe teal get getting ready bride sequin letter victorias secret black pink white silver bridesmaids ceremony diy reception V313340
image source
I bought the robe from Victoria's Secret, it is "Lace Modal Robe" in  'Scuba'. I bought the size Small, & would definitely suggest going with the smallest size, it is still big on me.
Bride Robe :  wedding robe teal get getting ready bride sequin letter victorias secret black pink white silver bridesmaids ceremony diy reception 410886
image source
I bought the Iron-On Sequin Letters from Hobby Lobby, they weren't cheap but I really liked them.
It took my mom & I about 2-3 hours to complete the project, in our defense we couldn't find any straight pins, also I am a perfectionist & nearly freaked out when we messed up the 'R' so it took us a while to figure out what to do after that.
Then on top of that I burned my finger pretty bad with the iron.
 But all things considered I am fairly happy with it! :)
Bride Robe :  wedding robe teal get getting ready bride sequin letter victorias secret black pink white silver bridesmaids ceremony diy reception 2011 08 20 17.08.06
Personal Photo

Are you having a day-of "Bride" robe or maybe a 'Hoodie'? Have you injured yourself while "Doing-It-Yourself"?

No comments:

Post a Comment