Saturday, July 23, 2011

My DIY 'E's..

So far I have decorated 3 out of the 12 or so 'E's that I have bought for my DIY decorating projects for our reception.

The first one is about 12" tall and I first spray painted it black, then used my Cricut to cut out the swirl design and layed the 'stencil' on the 'E' and sprayed over it with the white spray paint.




 For the next one I used Damask pattern Duct Tape and carefully laid it on this 5" tall 'E', then I used a box blade and cut around the 'E'. Finally, I glued pink ribbon around the edge!


 The 'E' below is the same one as above but I used the same technique with the spray paint as the first project, except this time I started with silver and painted over that with black.


I still have the 'E' below to decorate..not sure how I am going to go about it though...

It is pretty big! You can get an idea of the actual size of it by looking at the size of door its leaning against.
Jon made it just for me! I think I might have him make it a little more narrow, but keep the same height.

* All photos are personal, unless otherwise noted

2 comments:

  1. That last E is huge! I can't imagine how long it will take to decorate it. But I love what you've done with the first few E's. And just letting you know, I found your blog through weddingbee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes it is really big! I have no clue what I should use to decorate it with.

    ReplyDelete