Thursday, February 16, 2012

We need to cover our tables with something...

I have been going back and forth over the past several months of what kind (color) of linens I wanted to use for our reception. I knew the look I didn't want. I have seen several weddings where the linens are "overwhelming" for the room.

image source
This is our actual reception venue.
 Because the room has such dark wood I think all the white is slightly overwhelming. I knew I had to be careful in choosing the colors I would use.

If it were up to me would would have something that looks like this:

purple-gray-wedding
image source
But I love our reception venue, and have accepted the fact that a look like that just wouldn't work.

So here are a few looks that could work.
image source
image source

I really like the pin-tuck fabric, and I thought that was for sure what we would have in some form.

But I was wrong.
After she showed us what it would look like in person, I liked it, but didn't love it.

So we tried one other look that I was somewhat fond of.  
image source
  
image source
image source
Instead of the purple, we used charcoal.

This is what it looked like:

Personal Photo

Personal Photo

Personal Photo

Personal Photo

Personal Photo

Personal Photo
I loved it! Jon & my mom liked it as well. It was ivory, which my mom chose, and wouldn't be as "harsh" as white. And charcoal, because that was one of our main colors.

I don't have a picture of it, but for our extremely long head table (which will seat 18 people) we chose to use the charcoal as the main cloth and the ivory as the runner. Just to mix things up a bit.

Next, we had to decide what to use for the cake tables. We decided to use this.

image source
In all charcoal. Mine will have the flower fabric around the edge, but Jon's will not.
Personal Photo
It looks like that, but in charcoal.

I am so glad that we got one more thing done! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment