Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Finding Our Invitations.

Wedding Invitations: I have always thought were one of the most important parts of a wedding. I think they really "set the mood" of the wedding. And other than the Save the Date they are the first thing your guests will see.

At first we weren't sure what kind of invitations we wanted, but like every other aspect of the wedding I knew what I didn't want.

wedding verses for invitations 300x300 Wedding Verses For Invitations
image source

Now, there is nothing wrong with the invitation above. It is pretty much identical to what my parents had when they got married, back in 1984, which makes it more traditional. 

After looking at several different styles & designs of invitations, we started to learn what we liked and what we didn't like. 


The Laurel Booklet Wedding Invitation Damask Pattern SAMPLE
image source
We both loved this style invitation. So much that I actually spent 3 days designing one for us. But sadly when I sent it to my mother & the woman that was going to be printing our invitations, they both agreed that it didn't fit the "mood" of our wedding. They said it was nice, but not as formal as the wedding was.
So we started looking again.
seashell invitation 1
image source

Invitation
image source
And then we found it, the invitation we fell in love with.
The blog where I saw these listed cardsandpockets.com as her source for materials. Immediately I sent my mom and Jon the pictures and they both loved them. 

So after going over their website several times trying to determine which colors we should use, I decided the best thing to do would be to buy their Swatch Deck.
image source
So after that I waited.

No comments:

Post a Comment